I feel ridiculously pleased with my site’s new look. I should feel guilty about being so excited. I mean I was pretty pleased with the way it used to look. Sorry ‘old look’ you’ve been replaced.
Like a child with a shiny new toy or a teenager with his first car, I can’t stop looking at it. I am sure that if I could, I’d figure out a way to take it to bed with me. I guess I could put my laptop on the other half of the bed…
Oddly enough, after I had changed my site’s appearance, I couldn’t use it.
I kept opening new posts and writing a title and then I would just set there looking at it. It sort of felt like a bad joke, you know the ones I mean.
“All dressed up and nowhere to go.”
“I can’t take you anywhere.”
“We bought you the best books, sent you to the best schools and whaddya do?”
All these flashed through my mind as I sat staring at the blank screen. Well that and, “Why’d ya change the damn thing if you’re not going to use it?”
I did have lots to say. But every time I poised my fingers over the keyboard, every idea I had surged forward and got stuck in a bottle neck of jumbled thoughts.
I mean, here I had been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award and I can’t get past the titles. Sheesh!
I suppose that, just like getting a new car, I was afraid of metaphorically scratching it or denting it. The blogging version of backing into next door’s fence. Either that or I was so excited about the new look I couldn’t think past it.
Either way, I seem to be over that now as I can, at least, type some sort of drivel on the page.
Of course my problem could have nothing at all to do with the ‘new look’ it could just be because it’s bloody Monday.
- Really, It’s an Honour To Be Nominated… (mikesfilmtalk.com)
- Versatile blogger award!?! (lemongrassandsass.wordpress.com)
- Nomination for Most Versatile Blogger – what????? (shortcutgirl.com)
- Versatile blogger nomination! (namastehealingcenter.wordpress.com)
- Versatility Verified (realruth.wordpress.com)
- 5 Fantastic Places to Find Inspiration for Your Next Blog Post (dailyhottentots.wordpress.com)
- The Blog is Dead; Long Live the Blog (stirrup-queens.com)
- What to do When You Screw Up? (southernsizzleromance.wordpress.com)