I awoke this morning to find that I had been “blessed” twice by other bloggers. Firstly Kim over at Tranquil Dreams has given me The Versatile Blogger (Which I, of course, accepted. One can never get too many awards!) Then I found that Marilyn over at Serendipity put me up for the Blog of the Year 2012…again. *That gives me a 3rd star for my Blog of the Year award!*
Although to be honest I wasn’t really expecting to be here since so many folks seemed to give so much credence to the Mayan “prophesy” about the world’s demise yesterday. I guess I should have said I was triply blessed! But to get to the point, I owe a huge thank you to both ladies for thinking of me. I will be doing an extra blog-post to talk about the Blog of the Year 2012 3rd star shortly.
So thank you Kim for giving me this award. Of course like every other award in the blogging verse there is a “penalty” to be paid for accepting. I am kidding, honest! I don’t see these “rules” as a penalty; they are just part of a tradition that requires the recipient of the award to pass the favour on. In other words you’re meant to share the wealth. It is a great way to show folks that follow you (and that you follow) that you care.
I am not the greatest at reading the blogs I follow, I will admit that right up front (although I do try) I do not stop by as often as I should and like or comment on blogs. There! I said it; I feel much better now. I guess confession is good for you.
The rules for accepting are as follows:
- Display the award certificate on your website.
- Announce your win with a post and include a link to whoever presented your award.
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
- Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off.
- Post 7 interesting facts about yourself.
The first two requirements have been done and the next one (which is the hardest) is what I’ll do now.
My nominees for The Versatile Blogger Award are (drum roll, please):
- Let’s Talk about Lit…
- The Warning Sign
- Daniel’s Film Reviews
- Dawn Akemi’s StoryBlog
- The Bishop Review
- Mad Ramblings and Assorted Musings
- It Rains…You Get Wet
- Fortyteen Candles
- Cinema Schminema
- Popcorn Dinner
- Head In A Vice
The above blogs are by no means complete. In fact the first one up is a clear case of nepotism in that my daughter Meg writes the blog. She has written several blog posts under “Much Ado About” on Tumblr and damn it she is versatile. So are the other folks that I’ve nominated. They are pretty much chosen in a random manner. Of course there are a few who are special (and you know who you are) that I would have picked anyway. I do apologise to all the other worthy folks who I did not pick.
Now for the last bit; the “seven interesting facts about yourself” and previously not known facts as well. So without further ado, here they are:
- I once climbed Mount Snowdon but had to stop just before the top due to bad weather.
- I don’t like pain.
- I used to write short stories and once wrote an entire 3 act play.
- The above mentioned pieces of literature have never been published.
- I used to write articles for the “base” newspaper when I was in the Air Force.
- I’ve done radio commercials and presented the odd radio program.
The first radio commercial I ever recorded was when I was seventeen.
I will finish by thanking Kim and very shortly I will be notifying the folks I nominated for this award. I will now (since I finally figured out how to do it) put The Versatile Blogger Award on my blog wall. So thanks Kim!
- Blogger of the Year 2012 Nomination? Wow… (mikesfilmtalk.com)
- The Very Inspiring Blogger Award; Happy Happy Joy Joy… (mikesfilmtalk.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (lebohemianwriter.wordpress.com)
- “A funny thing happened on the way to Christmas”……. (thecvillean.wordpress.com)
- The Very Inspiring blogger Award ..Yeyy i love awards )))!! (reshumalhotra.com)
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award/Blog of the Year 2012 Award-Second Star (onetrackmuse.com)
- Overdue Thank-yous for Awards! (mybeautfulthings.wordpress.com)
- Writing By Candlelight Won The Very Inspiring Blogger Award (dorothystacy.wordpress.com)
- Thank-You, Elixir: Very Inspiring Blog Award. (imagineteenagelife.wordpress.com)
- Merry Christmas! It’s award time lol too! Grab Your STAR!!!!!! (nutsfortreasure.wordpress.com)