I was very chuffed to be nominated for this award by george-b over at euzicasa yesterday! Cheers mate, it was just what I needed to get me started this week!
I had a friend around yesterday who was checking on whether the rumours of my still being alive were true and that the surgeons did indeed find the presence of a heart in my chest.
One cup of tea and coffee later, he looked at me closely and said, “I’m wearing you out. I’ll be going now, don’t forget to call if you need anything.” I did feel a bit tired.
I decided that I’d write something about 9/11 and how it had impacted on me, a ‘yank’ living abroad, and I couldn’t get past two paragraphs.
I decided that another coffee was in order and after making it, I started from scratch and still could not get much further than three paragraphs.
Three very short paragraphs.
It then dawned on me that perhaps I had exhausted my meagre intellectual pool on my social visit. I jumped at this excuse and decided to give my brain a rest and have a long soaking bath instead.
It was after getting out of the bath that I got george-b’s comment informing my that he’d put my name up for the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’ and in case you missed his blog post here’s a link to it: One Lovely Blog Award – second time around is sweeter.
I decided to write on this new development, but, I was still not getting around the ‘three paragraph’ stonewall. I watched Tombstone, the vastly entertaining Wyatt Earp film by Kurt Russell and co. My brain was so tired that, if threatened, I could not have written the most abbreviated shopping list in the world.
It was only after sleeping for well over 12 hours, that my mind has recovered from it’s hour long visit from yesterday.
So! The One Lovely Blog Award is another of those ‘feel good’ awards that helps the the blogging community identify itself and lets the same community learn a bit more about the folks who populate it. It’s a bit of fun, a bit ‘self indulgent’ (But honestly, isn’t that what blogging really is? Our creative self indulgences in print?) and a good natured way for blogs of all disciplines to shine a bit. *Whew! That was a long paragraph!*
There are only 3 rules connected with this award, which is not bad at all in the world of blogging awards, and pretty simple.
1. Give credit to the awesome person who nominated you.
2. Describe 7 things about yourself:
1. I have just been realised from hospital after emergency open heart by-pass surgery.
2. I am single again after almost 27 years of marriage.
3. I am not in a hurry to have any ‘deep and meaningful’ relationships with anyone at the moment.
4. I am in the process of ‘re-discovering’ myself.
5. I have worked as a professional actor.
6. I have always hated the way my recorded voice sounds.
7. I am completely addicted to real coffee.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers:
3. Deep Rem Rum
12. Cinema Schminema
13. Cinema Train
14. Out of Fal
And that, as they say, is that. I can only apologise in advance to those who did not ‘make’ the list. I follow so many wonderful blogs that I have to use a sort of ‘shorthand’ lottery. If you were missed, it doesn’t mean that you are forgotten.
Thanks again for the award!
- One Lovely Blog Award (marcellarousseau.wordpress.com)
- One Lovely Blog Award (stickynotesandquotes.wordpress.com)
- One Lovely Blog Award – second time around is sweeter (euzicasa.wordpress.com)
- one lovely blog award (tutusandstilettos.wordpress.com)
- One Lovely Blog Award (denisec88.wordpress.com)
- One Lovely Blog Award (thevoiceofateenager.wordpress.com)
- One Lovely Blog Award (micheledacosta.wordpress.com)
- One Lovely Blog Award! (wordsthatflowlikewater.wordpress.com)
- One Lovely Blog Award (maloquacious.wordpress.com)
- The Lovely Blog Award! (cowpasturechronicles.wordpress.com)