It’s that time of the, uh….week….again. I’ve been very kindly nominated for (and graciously accept) The Liebster Award. The kind soul who nominated me was the most excellent Tyson Carter over at Head In A Vice. And just to reiterate Tyson, thanks for thinking of me and my little site!
Now, as is the custom for these award nominations and the ‘penalty’ for accepting (I am joking here by the way, it’s not really a penalty, it’s just a bit of fun) I need to present the rules and my nominations for this award.
As I said in the above paragraph, these awards are just a bit of fun and as Tyson so eloquently put it in his own recipient spiel, ‘These awards are just a bit of fun and are really about shedding some light on the community and getting to know more about the folks who populate it [sic]’. They do have a sort of ‘chain’ letter feel to them, but hey, if someone is kind enough to nominate me, the least I can do is play along.
Besides, someone else has already taken the option that I was going to try. As I like to think of myself as blazingly original, I won’t mimic them.
So the rules are:
1. Each person must post eleven things about themselves
2. Answer the eleven questions the person giving the award has set for you
3. Create eleven questions for the people you will be giving the award to
4. Choose eleven people to award and send them a link to your post
5. Go to their page and tell them
6. No tag backs
11 Things about me:
1. I am writing a book (or two) very, very slowly.
2. I am a ‘double’ divorcee.
3. I am hopelessly addicted to ‘caffeinated’ coffee.
5. My true ‘mental’ age is my real age divided by 2.
6. I once met and talked to actor Alfred Molina for five full minutes before I realised that he was the star of the film we were working on.
7. I am a Thespian (I still have the card and the membership number!)
8. I used to be afraid of heights till my daughter and my second wife got me a micro-lite flight for my 50th birthday.
9. I have wanted to be a writer since the age of eleven, I just got very distracted for a lot of years.
10. I love eggnog and would drink it every day year round if I could.
11. I love playing Modern Warfare 3, although I have to admit that any Uncharted game will knock off MW3 from the top spot of game favourites.
Now for Tyson’s Head In A Vice Questions:
Would you rather have a pet polar bear or a pet kangaroo?
Definitely a pet kangaroo, the pouch thing would be very handy.
Would you rather be a movie star or be a singer?
Movie star, hands down.
Would you rather be a vampire or a dragon?
Vampire, but not of the ‘I can stand outside in the daylight, have sparkly skin and not be full of attitude’ type. More like the Lestat type, you know, rock star cool type of vampire.
Would you rather die in the arms of your one true love or your one true love die in your arms?
This is a tough one, since I’d really not like to die at all, so I’ll have to go with my true love expiring in my arms (but only if she’s not too heavy).
Would you rather be buried alive or stabbed to death?
Buried alive, just because I think I am stubborn enough to not give up on digging myself out.
Would you rather turn invisible or go through time?
Go through time, most definitely. Getting the chance to see how
people really lived and acted back in that time known as ago.
Would you rather walk through walls or control the weather?
Control the weather. In my world, days would be filled with sunshine and the rain would be relegated to nights.
Would you rather always be hot or always be cold?
Hot. I much prefer taking things off to get comfortable versus bundling up.
Would you rather be eaten by a shark or a gorilla?
Gorilla! Because as herbivores they wouldn’t be interested in consuming my raggedy ass.
Would you rather sneeze 1000 times a day or hiccup 1000 times a day?
Hiccup. I had a friend once who collapsed a lung by holding in a sneeze…twice. I know, you would have thought he’d learned from the first incident.
The next step is the laborious (not really, it just sounds good when I put it that way) task of choosing which 11 bloggers to nominate for this prestigious award. And the bloggers are, in no particular order, as follows:
And just when you thought you weren’t going to have to read another word, here are the 11 questions. I warn you now they are a bit eclectic.
1. What is your favourite genre in film?
2. If your fairy godmother popped in to grant a wish, what would it be?
3. You’ve just been told that a huge publishing house wants to publish your work, which book would you choose to present first?
4. What has been your ‘finest’ moment? (or ‘worst’ moment if you haven’t had a finest moment yet)
5. If by law you could only ever have one pet, what would you choose?
6. What is your absolute favourite game? (it doesn’t have to be a console game)
7. What book, film, or television show first made you cry?
8. The buses have all broken down and you are three miles from your destination, what would you do?
9. If you had the option to live forever, would you take it?
10. What scares you most?
11. What is the one thing that you love the most?
And that, friends and neighbours is truly the end of this very long blog. Except of course to say that I will perfectly understand if you do not want to do any of this. Like I said at the beginning it is all just a bit of fun and helps the community know one another that little bit better.
Also I’d like to point out that if I missed your name out, I can only plead that I follow so many excellent blogs it was hard to choose just 11. So I took the cheaters way out and just randomly picked the names.
I’ll close now ( I know, I said two paragraphs ago that we’d reached the end. I lied, okay?) by thanking Tyson over at Head In A Vice once again for putting my little site into the hat.
- Liebster Award! (toughandtiny.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (humaninrecovery.wordpress.com)
- A Blog Award, Facts, Questions and Blogs to Follow (emiliajordan.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (singleparentsthoughts.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (glitzgirlzglamourguide.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Community of Writers (peacefulldawn.com)
- The Liebster Award (Head In A Vice)