I was sitting here minding my own business when Sandra over at Quirkybooks reached right out and smacked me upside the head with another blogging tag! OUCH!
Seriously, I have to thank Sandra for thinking of me (I will get you back! *evil laugh* heh, heh, hehhhh.) Kidding aside, I always feel two things when I get tagged or nominated; 1) Surprised, and 2) happy. I should also mention that I feel a great deal of trepidation as I tag or nominate just a few out of everyone that I follow.
This particular exercise in sharing the WordPress love (pronounced lurve) is fairly simple, you answer the 11 questions posed by the “Tagger” and then set another 11 questions for the 11 bloggers you “Tag.” And how many times can you get the number 11 in one sentence. I feel like the Count from Sesame Street! You probably should link back to the blogger what “brung ya.” Aka, who tagged you and maybe thank them? Just a thought.
So here are Sandra’s 11 questions:
- Have you ever been made redundant from your job and how did you feel about it?
- If you were interviewing someone for a writing job, what 3 qualities would you look for and why?
- What is your favourite board game and why?
- When you look at the stars, what do you see?
- When you look at the ocean, what does it remind you of?
- How do you overcome writer’s block?
- If you could say 3 encouraging things to another person, what would they be?
- Do you prefer to write your stories/books/poetry/prose/articles on paper first, then type them up and edit them, or do you like to type them straight into your computer to edit?
- Do you like writing in one genre or more?
- As a writer, do you think actions speak louder than words?
- What is your favourite quote and why?
And here are my answers:
- Yes. But like the CNA Wing Commander once said, “I’ve been fired before and I’ll probably be fired again. Well, I’m still here!
- Vocabulary, spelling and personality (both in their writing and their self presentation).
- Scrabble, even though I always start off huge and wind up losing by the end of the game. Just a glutton for punishment I guess.
- Blurry images! My eyesight leaves a lot to be desired in the dark! Also how small we are compared with the cosmos.
- Jaws, salt, and Capt. Ahab.
- The last time I had writers block was years ago and it took years to get over, I did this by writing a blog, sort of a detour.
- Don’t take life too seriously; Don’t sweat the little sh*t, and Don’t worry about life, you’ll never get out of it alive!
- Always on computer/word processor. Before that, on typewriter. When my mind cranks up, long-hand is too slow and if I try to keep up, I cannot read what I’ve written!
- Horror and westerns (although to be truthful, I haven’t started writing my western yet).
- Yes, especially in a short story, which is my favourite type of story to write…hmmm, should that have been included in 9?
- “Sure life is hard. It kills you.” – Katherine Hepburn. She had the same attitude to life that my grandpa did.
Now here’s the part that I always dread. I think that to save time and energy (and a whole lot of guilt) I’ll pick 11 names out of a metaphorical hat (a la Bullwinkle) and the blogs are:
- Benedict Inman: Living and Learning
- Crazy Goblin Magazine
- True Mister Six
- Andy Watches Movies
- Written in Blood
- Cinema Schminema
- Films and Things
- The Cinema Monster
- this man’s journey
- The Sporadic Chronicles of a Beginner Blogger
- Mr Rumsey’s Film Related Musings
That concludes my random picks. If I missed you out, “I’m sorry!” There’s just so many of you who I’d like to choose!
Still, I hope to learn more about the great folks who follow me and it just remains for me to say, “I’ll be reading you later!
PS: It’s now 2158 GMT and I only just found out that I sent this puppy out missing a little something! I inadvertently deleted my cheeky statement that said, “Due to laziness and the fact the the questions that Sandra asked were damned good ones, the 11 folks I pick should just answer those.” That should have come after the “save time and energy and before Bullwinkle! Now that’s sorted.
- Best Moment Award (mikesfilmtalk.com)
- BLOGGER’S TAG!! “SMACK!” You’re IT… (mikesfilmtalk.com)
- quirkybooks is an Extra Lovely Blog – One Lovely Blog Award (quirkybooks.wordpress.com)
- Blogger’s Tag! You’ve been SMACKED baby! (emilyguido.com)
- Whoa! Writer’s Block (pbdiva.wordpress.com)
- For Roger (mikesfilmtalk.com)
- writer’s block (my way to overcome) (passionpatiencelearnappreciate.wordpress.com)
- Sesame Street approaches 1 billion views on YouTube (telegraph.co.uk)
- Sesame Street is the first non-profit to celebrate 1 billion views on YouTube (storyism.net)
- Allow me to introduce myself (inchanelwetrust.wordpress.com)
You must be logged in to post a comment.