I owe a heartfelt thank you to Sandra over at quirkybooks who nominated me based on my blog post – 50,000 Plus! Thanks Guys. This is the first time I’ve received this award and I am, to put it plainly, chuffed to bits (in American English that means damned happy). So again, Sandra, thanks!
I also owe a gesture of gratitude to the kind folks over at Moment Matters who started this whole thing in the first place. They’ve even made up an award logo for the recipients to paste on their wall. It is the one at the top of this post and it is very impressive looking.
The words and music that accompany this award are below:
Awarding the people who live in the moment,
The noble who write and capture the best in life,
The bold who reminded us what really mattered –
Savoring the experience of quality time.
Pretty nice, I think. As with all awards that are bandied about in the WordPress Blogging community there are rules. These are listed below and since this is my first time winning this award, I hope everyone will forgive me if I muck the process up!
Winners repost this completely with their acceptance speech. This speech may be written or video taped (vlogged)
Winners have the privilege of awarding the next recipients. The re-post should have a new set of people/blogs that are worthy of this award and then you have to tell the new folks that you’ve chosen.
(I’ve included these as they were in Sandra’s post and any help is good help, if you need it)
- What makes a good acceptance speech?
- Gratitude. Thank the people who helped you along the way
- Humor. Keep us entertained and smiling
- Inspiration. Make your story touch our lives
- Get an idea from the great acceptance speeches, compiled in MomentMatters.com/Speech
- Display the award’s badge on your blog/website, downloadable in MomentMatters.com/Award
I accept this award with gratitude and heartfelt appreciation.
For any person who takes the time to look at my blog, I am truly grateful.
For every person that likes my blog, I am thankful.
When a person leaves a comment on my blog, I am inspired to continue blogging.
For each person who interacts with me, I am elated.
For any person who Follows me, my face lights up with pleasure.
For every blogger who shares their knowledge, wisdom and thoughtfulness, I am blessed to be in your company.
Every moment in life is precious, so make sure you do everything you can to cherish and enjoy it.
*I have used the acceptance speech from Sandra’s post as it is damn near perfect. I would only add that my inspiration comes from within and without and my urge to share comes from your views and “Likes” and comments. This community and all who stop by, rock.*
The winners for the Best Moment Award are:
And that is that. An incredibly short list I know, I follow a huge amount of blogs. The ones I have chosen have inspired me “outside” my box. In other words they’ve touched a part of me and my thought process a bit more deeply than usual. I feel what they are saying. These are the folks who have affected me one way or another by one or more posts.
I will apologise now if any of you feel left out. I have many wonderful followers and it pains me when I have to choose some over others in these things. But such is life and I’m trying to play by the rules here. (at least I hope I am)
You will also notice that I’ve chosen non-film related blogs for my winners. As much as I love film and can talk/write about it till the cows come home, this award isn’t about film or film related things. It’s about life and living the moment. My winners are doing that.
The last part of this Award process is the instruction to share this with your followers and to tweet your “success” with the hash tagged #MomentMatters.
Congratulations to all my winners and I want you to know that you’ve all written things that have touched me. Deeply.
- Best Moment Award (quirkybooks.wordpress.com)
- Best Moment Award (milkshakesinspring.wordpress.com)
- Best Moment Award (mistyrennquist.wordpress.com)
- Best Moment Award (transcendingbordersblog.wordpress.com)
- Best Moment Award (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Best Moment Award (diannecreates.wordpress.com)
- quirkybooks is an Extra Lovely Blog – One Lovely Blog Award (quirkybooks.wordpress.com)
- Best Moment Award & Liebster Award (thomassonjeanmicl.wordpress.com)
- Best Moment Award (myownheart.me)
- Fantastic Friday: Best Moment Award! (ahappylass.com)
You must be logged in to post a comment.