With the season one finale of The Lottery airing tonight to a disinterested audience, two things are clear. Firstly, there will most likely never be a season two and secondly if there was, for some reason, no one would care. The show has worked very hard to come up with a thriller that should have been a winner. Sadly, it seems that the viewing audience just do not have any interest in a near future where infertility and governmental dirty tricks walk hand in hand.
Someone or some group had exploded two devices at the Boston Marathon finishing line. Two people were killed, I found out from a friend who is from Boston that one of these was an eight year-old child, and at least 23 injured. The news went on to state that two more devices had been found and that there was a further explosion at the Kennedy Library.
I was shocked.
Although it was late and I was quite tired, I spent the next several hours watching live coverage of this obscenity and “tweeting” what I was learning. One of the things I learned was that at that time no one group had stepped forward to claim responsibility for placing these bombs in the rubbish bins.
I also learned that the official line on the “devices” was not to call them bombs.
I was once again, shocked.
If something has been set up to explode, it is a bomb. I can only think that officials have decided that to call them bombs would scare people and dredge up some sort of “negative” connotation.
I’ve got news for the authorities, a bomb by any other name is a bomb.
The bitter irony in this is that while the bombs were exploding, President Obama was working on new gun laws to protect his constituents from acts of murder. While he was looking at stopping death within, death came (presumably) from without.
With the introduction of drones that spy on American citizens in the name of national security, the good guys were obviously looking in the wrong direction and the bad guys got in.
It is sad that the times we live in now include urban terror attacks from whatever group or source. These attacks are designed to keep people afraid. Afraid of public events, of walking down their own streets (Bostonian’s were told to stay inside after the explosions and Boston was put on “lock-down”) and afraid to trust “foreigners” let alone each other.
The group or people responsible want all free countries to be placed under “house arrest” and to be too terrified to leave their homes. And through the diversionary news worthy events of killing sprees with guns and with the media shouting to the heavens about gun control, the folks responsible for the country’s security forgot to look at the ongoing issue of terrorism.
I might be wrong (and I have been wrong before) but I think that the security forces need to stop looking for “Boogeymen” under their own beds or backyards and remember to look at those “outside” the country they’ve been sworn to protect.
As the death toll rises to three and the injured numbers more than triple, I’m sure the people in yesterday’s Boston Marathon would agree.
- Boston Marathon: Bombing Drill Coincided With Explosions [VIDEO] (secretsofthefed.com)
- Was Boston Bomb Squad Running “Controlled Explosion” On Same Day As Marathon Blasts? (leaksource.wordpress.com)
- Boston Marathon Explosions the Work of Amateur Terrorists, Says Expert (theepochtimes.com)
- Watch: Boston Marathon Explosions: Terror at the Finish Line (abcnews.go.com)
- Boston Marathon Blasts Kill 3 (jackimad.wordpress.com)
- 2 bombs strike Boston Marathon; 3rd strikes JFK Library (cnn.com)
- False Flag Smoking Gun: Boston Marathon Bombing Happened on Same Day As ‘Controlled Explosion’ Drill by Boston Bomb Squad (secretsofthefed.com)
- Video: Second explosion at Boston marathon caught on tape (cbsnews.com)
- Explosions At Boston Marathon. Please Stop and Pray (boltbeat.com)
- Chat with Boston Marathon winner Amby Burfoot (boston.com)