Media has a bad habit of trying too hard to please late entertainer’s fans with the most recent news on their idol’s death; sometimes, as in the case of Paul Walker, celebrity deaths and the tasteless side of reporting turn the whole exercise into a shameful debacle.
I’ve never done a bloggers tag before, so I’ve got to thank Kim over at Tranquil Dreams for reaching out and smacking me with a tag. Thanks Kim! She’s got a great blog going over there and just recently put up a recipe for yummy Banana Cake if you haven’t made her acquaintance yet, click on either of the previous links and check her out. She’s great.
Now for the rules. Sit down in the back and stop sighing! You know there’s going to be rules; it’s the nature of the beast. Does everyone have a pen and paper? Right, let us begin. Oh and spit out that gum, unless of course, you have enough for everyone!
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
*Self photo (life sized) and 11 factoids about moi.*
After owning this laptop for almost 4 years, I only just discovered that the web camera had a plastic covering over it.
So there you have it! Another fun way for us to spread the word about other blogs out there that are fun to read; click on the links and check these folks out, you won’t be sorry. And as usual I apologise in advance for those deserving blogs I did not get to tag, I really do love you all.
I’ve got to thank the lovely Marilyn over at Serendipity for bestowing this award on my little blog. Which is, in essence, me I suppose. Still it’s wonderful to be nominated for anything with the word super in its title. It always makes me regress to childhood when the coolest guy on the television was Superman (the real program with George Reeves, not the cartoon).
Okay so I’m not that old, I used to watch the re-runs which were shown daily in Sacramento California when I was about 4 or 5. Poor old George had Up, up and ‘awayed’ himself to the hereafter by the time I got old enough to watch his show. I also watched the re-runs of the Mickey Mouse club with Annette Funicello and pals, I think Annette had graduated to Beach Party Bingo or some other teen bikini film with Frankie Avalon when I watched her.
Sorry I’m digressing something rotten. Back to the award.
I will set out the guidelines and answer some questions and nominate a baker’s dozen of other bloggers that I think fit the bill for the Super Sweet Blogging Award (or more accurately pull some blogger out of my metaphorical hat, because I hate having to choose just a few).
Right! The guidelines are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award aka give credit to. So Thanks Marilyn at Serendipity (The coolest blog name ever).
2.Answer the super sweet questions, which I will do right after passing on the guidelines.
3. Nominate a Bakers Dozen.
The super sweet questions are:
1. Cookies or cake? Cookies. Not just any old ordinary cookies either. The old-fashioned (as when I was a boy) Girl ScoutPeanut Butter cookies. Oh man!
2. Chocolate or vanilla. Chocolate every time.
3. What is your favourite sweet treat, cheesecake or frozen yoghurt? That’s a toughie…frozen yoghurt.
4.When do you crave sweet things the most? I don’t as a rule crave sweet things, but I’d have to say probably after a meal.
5. If you had a sweet nickname what would it be? Of all the people who could have a “sweet” nickname, I would not be one of them. The only ‘handle’ I’ve ever had besides my own name was Texas Ted (don’t ask, it’s a boring story).
Now here I’m going to deviate a little bit from the formula. Instead of nominating special posts that I find inspirational, I am going to nominate blogs that I’ve just discovered. I’d like to nominate everyone but sadly I don’t have the time. So here goes: