Shia LaBeouf may be doing his version of penance for “multiple” plagiarism very seriously, but, that has not stopped Funny Or Die from teaming up with Jerry O’Connell to spoof the Nymphomaniac star. He stormed out of a Berlin press question and answer session, after being asked, along with every other actor on the panel, if the actors in the film found the sex scenes difficult and LaBeouf responded with a quote from French soccer player Eric Cantona and left the room. Later the 27 year-old performer attended the premiere of the same film wearing a suit and paper bag over his head. The bag read “I am not famous anymore.”
So Justin Bieber is quitting music; do not belieb it for one moment. The 19 year-old popstar has a wicked sense of humor and he has shown it to good advantage on a number of Funny or Dievideos. Bieber after the Dentist, for example, has Justin doing a parody of David After Dentist:
Anyone who’s read my blog (or conversely, watched my YouTube channel) will know that I am about as obsessed with YouTube as your average young person. And yes before you point it out, I’m not that young. But having a daughter who has a fairly successful channel on the old “Tube” introduced me to another world of entertainment.
I won’t be climbing on my YouTube soapbox here, but it was through them that I discovered Funny or Die. A channel that hails from Los Angeles; Hollywood specifically, and they are brilliantly funny.
These guys are consistent, witty masters of the tongue in cheek delivery of some very humorous short films, videos, and skits. They use “real” actors (versus folks that just want to be actors) and they have great production values on all they produce.
iSteve is their latest effort and it is 78 minute film that is a “Bio” of the late Steve Jobs and his rise, fall and rise in the world of commercial computing. It is a combination satire/parody with a good bit of imaginative “reworking” of real events to give it a comedic edge.
Although, not everyone , it seems, can get the joke.
But this particular nay-sayer need not feel alone. There were more than a few people who just “didn’t get it.” The same type of people who would never watch Saturday Night Live (SNL) or say a Chevy Chase film. In the case of humour and the sense of, not everyone is created equal or as I like to say, “Did it hurt when they removed your funny bone?”
Justin Long plays Steve Jobs, resplendent in fake hair colour and beard. He also sports a very trendy pair of rimless eye-glasses and a turtle neck top that completes his Steve costume. He is, of course, excellent as the faux Steve Jobs. I mean after all this is Justin Long we’re talking about here. How could he be anything but perfect in any role?
Actor Jorge Garcia (Lost, all seasons) plays Jobs’ best friend Steve Wozniak, a long-suffering fellow computer nerd. Garcia makes this brilliantly touching and funny. All the actors do great jobs (get it!) in this film. Like all projects these guys do, it looks professional (hell, it is professional) and streamlined. If you’ve not seen anything they’ve done before, check out their American Psycho with Huey Lewis and Weird Al:
I’m going to give this YouTube masterpiece of humour a 5 out of 5 stars.
Well, for one thing, it’s got Justin Long in it and I’ve been a fan since DodgeBall. In addition, these guys (Funny or Die) are damned funny.
So watch iSteve, because you can and it’s free.
- Watch the Full iSteve Steve Jobs Film Online Now (bookofswagg.net)
- Funny or Die’s Steve Jobs Movie ‘iSteve’ Now Available Online (macrumors.com)
- Funny or Die Releases Full Length Steve Jobs Movie Entitled ‘iSteve’ [Watch] (iClarified.com)
- Funny or Die’s ‘iSteve’ film with Justin Long now available to watch online (9to5mac.com)
- Funny or Die Releases ‘iSteve’ Featuring Justin Long as Steve Jobs (aceshowbiz.com)
- iSteve mockumentary starring Justin Long is now available online (phonearena.com)
- You Can Watch Funny Or Die’s Steve Jobs Movie iSteve Right Now (gizmodo.com.au)
- ‘iSteve,’ an 80-minute Steve Jobs mockumentary starring Justin Long, now free to watch online (theverge.com)
- Funny Or Die’s ‘iSteve’ Movie Now Available For Free Online (cultofmac.com)
- The Best Video on the Internet Today: iSteve, the Funny or Die Parody Biopic of Steve Jobs (complex.com)