Jennifer Lawrence may still be reeling from her leaked nude pictures but the Hunger Games star took time to reveal her idea of the perfect boyfriend. On the same day that the 24 year-old actress had her Wikipedia page hacked with her nude pictures placed in the comments section, stories of her interview with Vanity Fair about relationships have hit the Internet. In terms of web news, to Lawrence, this can definitely be counted as a positive.
It is, admittedly, very hard to not “take the Mickey” – which is Brit-speak for making fun of – out of Gwyneth Paltrow’s new age-ish term for divorce, “consciously uncouple” and it does beg the question, is it possible for one to unconsciously uncouple? If so, how does one keep from committing this “hippy-I’m-okay-you’re-okay” type of amicable separation. However, not wanting to poke too much fun at Paltrow and her soon to be consciously uncoupled former spouse, is anyone that surprised at the choice of term?
I’ve got to thank the lovely Marilyn over at Serendipity for bestowing this award on my little blog. Which is, in essence, me I suppose. Still it’s wonderful to be nominated for anything with the word super in its title. It always makes me regress to childhood when the coolest guy on the television was Superman (the real program with George Reeves, not the cartoon).
Okay so I’m not that old, I used to watch the re-runs which were shown daily in Sacramento California when I was about 4 or 5. Poor old George had Up, up and ‘awayed’ himself to the hereafter by the time I got old enough to watch his show. I also watched the re-runs of the Mickey Mouse club with Annette Funicello and pals, I think Annette had graduated to Beach Party Bingo or some other teen bikini film with Frankie Avalon when I watched her.
Sorry I’m digressing something rotten. Back to the award.
I will set out the guidelines and answer some questions and nominate a baker’s dozen of other bloggers that I think fit the bill for the Super Sweet Blogging Award (or more accurately pull some blogger out of my metaphorical hat, because I hate having to choose just a few).
Right! The guidelines are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award aka give credit to. So Thanks Marilyn at Serendipity (The coolest blog name ever).
2.Answer the super sweet questions, which I will do right after passing on the guidelines.
3. Nominate a Bakers Dozen.
The super sweet questions are:
2. Chocolate or vanilla. Chocolate every time.
3. What is your favourite sweet treat, cheesecake or frozen yoghurt? That’s a toughie…frozen yoghurt.
4.When do you crave sweet things the most? I don’t as a rule crave sweet things, but I’d have to say probably after a meal.
5. If you had a sweet nickname what would it be? Of all the people who could have a “sweet” nickname, I would not be one of them. The only ‘handle’ I’ve ever had besides my own name was Texas Ted (don’t ask, it’s a boring story).
Now here I’m going to deviate a little bit from the formula. Instead of nominating special posts that I find inspirational, I am going to nominate blogs that I’ve just discovered. I’d like to nominate everyone but sadly I don’t have the time. So here goes:
And there you have it. I’m just doing my bit to spread a little love around. If you get a chance check these blogs out, I’m sure you’ll find something you like.
Thanks again Marilyn! All awards gratefully and cheerfully accepted! Cheers mate!!
- A Super Sweet Blogging Award (stevenleocampbell.wordpress.com)
- Super Sweet Blogging Award (waywarddogs.com)
- Super Sweet Blogging Award ! (andlifesmile.wordpress.com)
- Super Sweet Blog award (elfslore.wordpress.com)
- Award Nomination…The Super Sweet Blogging Award! (homeandtherange.wordpress.com)
- Super Sweet Blogging Award! (thepurplebroom.wordpress.com)
- Super Sweet Blogging Award… thanks Marion Quitasol! (patriciaddrury.com)
- Catching up on… Awards!! (autumninbruges.wordpress.com)
- Awards – Thank You, Lovely Readers! (witchofhowlingcreek.wordpress.com)