It’s obviously that time of year again where award giving has reared its
ugly awkward l abour-intensive lovely head and I’ve been bestowed with not one but two! Since I am a self-admitted lazy person, I’ve taken my sweet time answering the first award, The Liebster Award, that I was honoured with; from the lovely and oh so talented Natasha from Films and Things. She has got an ace blog and if you haven’t read her output, go now and read this young ladies stuff. It’s great.
Whilst still reeling from getting this fantastic award, I then got blind-sided by Curtis over at hypersonic55 with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Again, if you haven’t stopped by this talented young man’s blog, do so now.
(“Gosh,” I can hear you say, “Give the guy a couple of awards and he gets all bossy and authoritative. Jeeze, get over yourself dude.” In my defence, I’ve got to admit to always being kind of bossy and authoritative, it kind of comes with the territory of reaching 50 + years of age.)
I will just take a moment to explain to the “newer” members of our little blogging community about this whole Awards
malarky, I mean, business (okay, that’s the last of the strike-throughs, I promise) (I can also hear you sighing with relief because, “It was funny the first time dude, you’re overdoing it. Okay?”)
These awards are to help the community and the wonderful World Wide Web to learn more about the creators of these blogs and what makes them tick. It’s also a chance to have a bit of fun. The questions that are part of the rule process are designed to be easy to answer and amusing to read…I think. You are not “supposed to” alter the rules. But since I have already flaunted the rules by combining these two awards into one post, I’m going to continue.
Like every other good thing in the world there are rules. I know, big-time bummer right? But that’s the deal. If you are nominated for one of these, part of the deal is you have to follow the rules (at least, as closely as you can). This is to show your gratitude and to help pass the “Blogger Love” around. If you don’t want to even try to play along, don’t hold you breath waiting to get nominated again.
Right! The Rules:
“So of course there’s rules and I will try my best to stick with them! Firstly, you have to answer 11 questions given to you by your nominator and second come up with eleven questions of your own to ask eleven nominees.
Although this blog is meant for up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, I’ve just decided to give it to people I think deserve it, whether or not they’re up and coming and no matter how many followers they have. I’m such a rebel.” (Films and Things)
(I’ve somewhat lazily copied Natasha’s output for the rules, thanks Natasha.)
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Display The Award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link back to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements. (hypersonic55)
(Again, I’ve taken the lazy option and copied Curtis’s output, thanks Curtis.)
Since I’ve combined the two awards into one post, I should logically answer 19 questions about myself. But… Logic is not my strong point nor do think that I can come up with 19 whole, new, bits of information about moi. So, I’m going to add a couple of pictures again, if that’s alright with you.
Okay, so it’s more than a couple…I got carried away!
Now, instead of questions that you have to answer, I’ll make this simple. Post your favourite picture of yourself and take a minute (or two) to say why it’s your favourite picture. Now, that’s not difficult is it?
Answer the questions:
- Are you a cat or dog person, and why?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, which three celebrities would you choose to be with you?
- What’s your favourite film of all time?
- Is there anything that you collect, and if so what?
- What is the strangest or most inventive thing you’ve ever dressed up as for a fancy dress party?
- Are you a Windows or Mac user?
- What is your favourite place to go? (could be a holiday destination, a room in your house…anywhere)
- If you could keep any animal in the world as a pet, what would you choose and why?
- What is your proudest moment, like, ever?
- Do you have any weird nicknames?
- If you could be anyone for a day (dead or alive, real person or a character, animated or real) , who would you choose and what would you do?
These are the questions from Natasha’s blog post nomination.
Tell everyone 7 random things about yourself.
Everybody got that? Great! Now for the nominations:
(Again, if I followed the rules to the letter I’d have to nominate almost everyone that I follow and as you know already, I hate this part. I always feel like I’ve missed someone out. Since, I’m not really following the rules anyway I’m only going to nominate 5 for each)
The Liebster Award:
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
And that as they say “is that.” Except I now need to let these very entertaining folks know that I’ve nominated them and I’ll leave you with a little bit of fun. Something that, hopefully, will make you laugh and it’s a bit of a reward for having gone through the “Gone With the Wind” post.
*This is actually over on my YouTube Channel, if you’re interested.*
- Liebster Blog Award! (fiftyshadesofgelato.wordpress.com)
- My Liebster Award. (ihundasmusings.wordpress.com)
- My nomination for the “Liebster Award” (zestnzen.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (melisakmartin.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award (imconfident.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award Nomination! Huh?? (sooofullofcraft.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award!!! (ourgrainofsand.wordpress.com)
- A New Liebster Award (projectfirestarter.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster: A Good Idea (wildermanonrollingcreek.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award – Thank you! (dianarasmussen.com)